Monday, January 9, 2023

Erasing the Cross

Has anyone else noticed an interesting change in photos of Damar Hamlin? Although I cannot reproduce what I saw, I definitely noticed one thing: the “cross” on his cheek has disappeared! Just after Hamlin’s tragic collapse, an on-field picture of him, sporting his eye black in the shape of a cross, was shown everywhere. It was distinctive, and it was not posed – it appeared to have been taken as Hamlin was walking or moving.

Suddenly, several days after Hamlin’s health crisis, the eye black has disappeared. I testify that it was the exact same pose – same background and all. But I noticed that the cross was gone. Knowing what I know about airbrushing and photo alterations, there is no doubt in my mind that some “woke” editor had taken it upon himself or herself to send a subtle message to the audience: We have no need of Christianity’s most important symbol.

The change cannot be “accidental.” It makes no difference to the recognition of Hamlin’s face to leave his eye black in place or to remove it. I propose to you that this deliberate action has deeper significance.

The cross is an enemy to the spirit of this age. Satan is the leader of the assault against God’s law and the morality that has steered this country since its inception – and he is crafty. He knows that hiding the symbol of Christ’s sacrifice tends to hide the call to repentance that that symbol projects. If he can make Christians ashamed of this symbol, he thinks he can take away their opportunity to speak about their Savior.

I will not make this blog longer. I just want to raise awareness that the media does not necessarily want you to be reminded of Jesus Christ and His Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment